This section aims to ease the sourcing of all necessary components for the windkit. The BOM categorises the components in different categories. These categories also give guidance of where to get what part.
Hardware store for component category - COM-STD
- In a hardware shop you should get all parts of the category COM-STD.
Special supplier for component category - COM-BUY
- All components of the category COM-BUY need special suppliers.
Self-designed components to manufacture - COM-MAN
- Laser parts are self-designed components that are cut out of flat metal plates. Therefore they can´t be bought off the shelf. They need to be manufactured by a metal workshop with an appropriate laser cutter.
- Each shape of each component is stored in a seperate file.
- The common file format for laser cutting is ".dxf".
- The folder "LaserCutterFiles" within the Windkit repository contains ".dxf"-files of all components that need to be laser cut.
- The filename consists of the name of the part the material is made of, the thickness of the material and the amount needed. See the following example:
- Name: Upwind Magnet Disc
- Material: S235 Steel
- Thickness: 6 mm
- Amount: 1 Piece
- Download the files on your local machine.
- You can have a look at the files with the open source 2D CAD software QCAD.
- Send the files to a local metal workshop with a laser cutter and ask for a quote for the amount of pieces you need.
- After ordering it normally takes 1 to 4 weeks to get the parts.
- The rotor blades are build with your own hands, according to the section Rotor blade.